Worksafe cc has been established in 1996 and renders consultation services in Health, Safety, Security, Risk Assessment and Risk / Loss Management.
Consultants operate across South Africa in neighboring African countries and further abroad.
Worksafe cc has successfully assisted many Companies and Organizations in South Africa to comply with the requirements of the (South African) Occupational Health and Safety Act, Namibian Safety Legislation as well as in other African countries such as Kenya and Nigeria.
Security and Risk Assessments, Safety Surveys and Legal Compliance Audits have already been done at companies from all different spheres of the industry across the Continent of Africa (21 countries), the USA, Kosovo, Haiti and Guyana (South America).
The principal member of Worksafe Francois Nel, has extensive qualifications and experience in Health and Safety, Fire Risk Management, Organizational Risk and Security Management
HEALTH AND SAFETY COMPLIANCE
- Baseline Audit to determine compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, no 85 of 1993 (OHSACT)
- Assisting companies to reach and maintain compliance with the OHSACT
- Developing and implementing a safety management system as required, based upon the audit and company-specific operations
- Assistance can be rendered to develop and implement an OSHAS 18001 Safety Quality Management System
- Presenting all the necessary occupational health and safety training as required by the OHSACT (see separate list of courses – courses are accredited with SAQA)
- Performing Hazard Risk Incident Assessments (HIRA) and Job Hazard Analysis’ (JHA’s) as required by the Act (Section 8) and provide assistance and guidance to ensure that all risks identified receive the required attention to remove, reduce and/or control them.
- Assist with the training of employees in understanding of the HIRA and JHA’s and to work according to the safety measures and precautions as prescribed.
- Assist with the investigation of injuries and incidents as required by Section 24 of the Act. Also assist with the reporting to the regional director of the Department of Labour (Safety) and Workmen’s Compensation reporting process.
- Conduct occupational hygiene measurements in compliance with the Environmental Regulations of the Act as required to be done every two years (illumination, noise, ventilation and thermal (heat & cold). we use calibrated instrumentation and the survey provide the client with the necessary information and advice how to reach and maintain compliance.
- Assist companies with the legal process should they be charged following a transgression with the OHSACT. The lead consultant is legally qualified and work in partnership with a practicing attorney who is also conversant with the Occupational Health and Safety Act. We can provide legal advice, assistance and representation should the case be brought before court.
- Manage the health and safety management program on behalf of clients – at much lower cost than when you would hire a permanent safety officer. The experience in safety management that would be available to a client far outweighs the cost paid towards this service.
FIRE RISK SURVEYS AND ASSESSMENT
- Conduct a fire risk survey to determine fire risks and need for equipment
- Investigation following a fire and assist with Insurance claims
- Assist with fire equipment design and monitor the work of fire sprinkler and gas fire system installers ensuring that quality installations is done.
- Assist with the servicing of fire protection equipment to ensure that service companies service according with SABS 1475 standards (If an unregistered company service equipment – or do it incorrectly it could lead to penalties when a fire damage claim is lodged with your Insurance Company). We assist to select competent companies and oversee the service process.
Worksafe provides accredited SAQA/NQF Level Training Courses in Health and Safety Management, First Aid, Fire Fighting and Emergency Procedures.
Training Accredited with SAQA
Health and Safety Management
SHE Management and Legal Liability (Management)
SHE Safety Awareness (General Employees)
HIRA (Hazard Identification Risk Assessment)
First aid Levels 1, 2 and 3
Basic Fire Fighting Level 1
Advanced Fire Fighting L2
Training Not Accredited with SAQA
SHE Induction for employees
Environmental Awareness for employees
(Pollution, damage to the Environment)
A series of unique distance learning (Internet-based) Safety and Health Training Courses are presented, which are accredited by the International Safety Council in the USA.
A list of the distance-learning Health and Safety Courses can be provided at request
The US-National Fire Protection Association accredits a distance-learning Fire Risk Management Course.
A distance-learning Basic Security Management Course, accredited with the organisation ASIS (US-based branch) are also provided
We also provide the following courses in the requirements of the International Shipping and Port Security System (ISPS):
- Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) (Also available in distance-learning format)
- ISPS Code Awareness for Port employees (In-class training only at client’s location)
- ISPS Code Application for Port Facility Security Personnel (In-class training only at client’s location)
The Marine Security Company M.S.S. Limited, a Maritime Security-Training and Consultation Organization accredit the courses, the British Transport Security and Contingencies Directorate (TRANSEC) and UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) have approved its PFSO and other Marine Security courses.
Worksafe is an approved training provider to present these courses under above accreditation authorities.